What makes me different
Effective copywriting blends writing and selling. It isnt so much great writing as simple writing that sells simply.
Because effective copy is easy to read, it appears easy to write. It is not. Furthermore, not every talented writer is a copywriter, just as not every talented artist is a watercolorist.
My 30 years of writing advertising copy has made me an expert on customers. I know how to get their attention. And how to use words to move them toward a sale. My chief value to you, is not that I write copy. Its that I draw customers.
now and let me prove it with your next project.
A partial list of clients
- 3Com, Barona Resort and Casino, Calavo, Giant Bicycles, Hain Pure Foods, Hewlett-Packard, HitchCAM, Lascom Systems, Proxima, QUALCOMM, Rhino Linings, Sony.
- BAE Systems, College Consultants, Inc., Cross Border Management, Data Tree, First Northern Credit Union, Hyatt Regency, ISMA, Millenia Diagnostics, Super Bright Cleaning Service, Ultrasigns.
- Work History
- June 1989 to present: freelance copywriter serving ad agencies and clients worldwide from San Diego.
- February 1988 to June 1989: staff copywriter at Knoth & Meads, an advertising agency in San Diego, California.
- September 1984 to January 1988: staff copywriter at Doyle-VanFossen, an advertising agency in Laguna Hills, California.
- September 1983 to September 1984: sole designer/writer at Targeted Coverage, Inc., a direct mail house in Pomona, California.
- Graduated January 1985 from California State University at Fullerton with a BA in communications (emphasis on advertising).
- Major Advertising Awards
- Clio (1989), Graphis (1993), Communication Arts (1997), CUNA Diamond (2003).
6877 Barker Way
San Diego, California